The third batch of cloth for the project is done, and it turned out just beautifully. Here’s the cloth in its raw state:
After a little soak and a bit of a wash, it looked like this:
And then I took a little walk on it, and after about one hour, I had this end result:
I find it totally fascinating how the fabric changed – especially its hand, which went from stiff and coarse in the raw fabric to firm, but still somehow soft and fluffy in the fulled version. And I can’t imagine a more beautiful tracking effect than the one apparent in the fulled fabric – it looks splendidly like diagonal lines even though it’s plain weave throughout.